Perfect White Teeth For A Sweeter Smile
I am sure every girl has heard this before, smile is the best and affordable comestic. Yes, it is (if only you have a beautiful set of teeth). Want gorgeous pearly whites for your smile that light up the room? Follow our 10 easy, stress-free steps:
- Don't believe the hype when it comes to fancy toothpastes. They often aren't powerful enough to really make a difference.
- Clean your tongue. Use a tongue-scraper will ensure better removal of bacteria.
- Rinse with fluoride, not alcohol. Because fluoride is the critical ingredient in maintaining a clean mouth.
- Brush sufficiently. Brushing a full two minutes removes 25 percent more plaque than brushing for under a minute.
- Brush the right way. Start at the back of the upper teeth, moving forward in a rotating motion, making sure to also brush along the gum line.
- Invest in electric. Buying an electric toothbrush is worth it. "Its much more effective than manual brushing," says one top dentist.
- Floss. If you don't floss, you are leaving 40 per cent of the tooth surface untouched.
- Chill, relax. Stress often leads us to grind our teeth at night, resulting in chipped teeth, receding gums and nasty headaches.
- Go easy on the red wine, coffee and cigarettes. All three can lead to staining over time.
- If you need braces, get them! It's not just about a pretty smile, it's about a healthy mouth. When you have straight teeth, they're easier to care for.